A blog primarily focused on the Orlando Magic?

Thursday, October 25, 2007

Upgrade?

The preseason is not even over yet, but I wanted to highlight something I have noticed: The Magic may have upgraded going from Darko Milicic to Adonal Foyle:
Not only has Adonal not gone on any profanity laden tirades, he also appears to be doing much better statistically, too.
Here are their per 40 minute averages for the preseason, so far:
Adonal Foyle
16.6 points
2.3 blocks
13.2 rebounds
57.1 fg%

Darko Milicic
9.6 points
2.8 blocks
8.5 rebounds
35.4 fg%

Granted, this is the preseason, but the difference there is pretty noticeable. I don't think there is a GM in the league that would take Darko over Adonal based upon those numbers, unless maybe he was already stacked with veterans in the middle and could afford to gamble on Darko's potential.
I will be honest, I do believe Darko has potential. It isn't just a matter of if he has the ability, it is a question of if he can tap into his ability. Mentally, I am not sure if he can pull it together. I really think the guy is a headcase. I hope I am wrong. . . but if you have viewed the transcript of that he said about those FIBA refs and their families. . . well, you wouldn't want him around your family.


No comments: